Washington Park Zoo Charitable Contribution Policy
The Washington Park Zoo is pleased to give back to the community by considering all charitable donation requests from qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the Michigan City area.
Please keep in mind that while each request receives careful consideration, we regret that we are unable to accommodate all of the organizations that merit our assistance. The following groups are not eligible to receive complimentary pass donations:
- Individuals or individual families
- For-profit organizations
- Political campaigns/fund-raisers
Due to the large number of requests we receive, allow at least 30 days for us to review and process your request. The donation will be sent via U.S. mail or will need to be picked up at the Zoo office. All requests must be in writing. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted.
To be considered for support, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete the Charitable Request Application Form (PDF).
- Attach the organization's formal letter of request for donation on the organization's official letterhead.
- Include the Tax ID number or send a copy of the IRS determination letter.
Send the completed form and letter any one of the following ways:
Washington Park Zoo, 115 Lakeshore Drive, Michigan City, Indiana 46360